Membership and Outreach Coordinator
Website Arab American Business Council
Embowering Arab American Business
Job Description Position
Title: Membership and Outreach Coordinator Reports to: Board of Directors
Status: Part time
Role of the Membership and Outreach Coordinator
The Membership and Outreach Coordinator will develop and manage AABC membership and outreach programs. This includes recruitment and renewal of membership gifts, management of the events program, and coordination with Board on strategies to extend our reach and attract new members. The Coordinator will carry out a wide range of activities, including data management, correspondence and direct contact with AABC members and members-to-be.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
1. Provide a high level of service in order to build strong relationships with members, nonmembers, past donors, and others.
2. Administer the membership program, including processing of membership contributions and coordination of membership renewals.
3. Manage correspondence with members and prospects, including membership drives, renewals, special appeals, and general inquiries.
4. Record relevant member information in the contact management system.
5. Compile, analyze and provide reports on membership composition and trends for Development Committee, and Board.
6. Identify new opportunities for membership drives or campaigns.
7. Integrate membership growth strategies and tactics across all AABC activities including the management of volunteer activities and public events. 8. Represent McKenzie River Trust and conduct in-person outreach at events, one-on-one meetings and other opportunities as needed. May include evening and weekend events. May include some planning and coordination of outreach.
9. Contribute content for the development of membership related materials in electronic and print media, the web, and social media.
10. Take on other assignments as directed by the Board of Directors.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Needed
1. A genuine passion for business based community work
2. A high level of individual initiative and creativity.
3. Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in correspondence.
4. A strong working knowledge and experience using database management systems and with the production of associated data queries, reports, and forms.
5. Solid skills in word processing, spreadsheet managements, and presentation software.
6. Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy, especially error-free data entry.
7. Experience in event coordination.
8. Strong analytical and organizational skills.
9. The ability to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines consistently.
10. The ability to rapidly learn and use new software.
11. The ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of people in correspondence, on the telephone, and in in person.
12. A natural lean toward getting to know people and communicating with them.
13. The ability to work with limited supervision and successfully within a team.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org